Welcome to a whole new chapter in our youth ministry! We’re very excited to share with you our ‘all-new’ program and hope that it will be a much more engaging and fun structure which will encourage our existing students and be more inviting to visiting students!
Our desire is to see SOUND youth grow in a big way this year – both spiritually and numerically! Our vision is to, ‘Bring teenagers to Jesus Christ and grow together in Him’.
We aren’t just a club for teenagers, we’re not a baby-sitting option for parents. We are a young people who are on a mission!
How are we going to ‘Bring teenagers to Jesus Christ and grow together in Him’? By staying true to 2 great callings Jesus commanded us to follow:
- The Great Commandment – “Jesus replied: ‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ This is the first and greatest commandment. And a second is like it: ‘Love your neighbour as yourself.’ All the Law and the Prophets hand on these two commandments.” (Matthew 22:37-40)
- The Great Commission – “Therefore, go and make disciples of all nations, baptising them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.” (Matthew 28:19-20)
To make these two callings achievable, we have set in place 5 key principles that will direct and shape our programs:
- Love God – our youth leaders are striving to do this and worship Him passionately in every aspect of our lives, and this will be our example to the students who come to our programs.
- Love Others – We will strive to accept and love every student who comes to our events regardless of background or religious conviction and we will encourage all students to do the same for each other.
- Seek – As a group with a mission, we will strive to make connections with new students in the community, in local high schools and at any of our programs visitors choose to join us in.
- Connect – We will also be seeking to help students make connections with Christian peers, role models, and with Jesus Christ.
- Grow – And together, we will be encouraged to grow closer to Jesus Christ and deepen our relationship with Him!
In our first term of SOUND 2.0, we’ll be strategically focusing our programs on the first 4 principles to try and build connections with new students and strengthen relationships existing students. We won’t forget principle 5 though, we will be seeking God’s timing in how best to initiate a new phase in our programming to facilitate this goal.
I hope this glimpse into our philosophy and vision as youth ministry excites you and we invite you to join us in striving to see our vision become a reality here at NPAC!
Our program for the first term this year can be seen below: